Saturday, September 4, 2010

College Life

I can’t believe I’m here at SCSU. I remember applying and thinking it was so far away when it came so fast. This is an all new experience and I’m in charge of everything I do. No one is going to make me do anything. I have to make responsible decisions and manage my time. I am excited to see how I will grow as a student and a person to achieve these things. I am now in charge of my destiny. It is frightening to think I’m on my own and responsible for myself, but I am also excited at the same time. My goal in college is to get a good education and make my parents proud. Although I don’t know what I want to do with my life yet, hopefully by experiencing different things it will help me decide. I want to make goals for myself and keep to them, like getting good grades, and making friends.

I am on the gymnastics team here at SCSU. My roommate is a gymnast and she is also from New Jersey like me. We didn’t really know each other too well but at least we knew each other before we came here. I met the rest of the team and already feel like they are my family. We do everything together and it makes it an easier transition knowing I have people here for me. Because I am on a sports team, I feel it is easier to make friends because you have things in common and spend a lot of time with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment