Saturday, September 18, 2010

Southern Family

So far at southern I love it. I feel at home and have made so many close friends. The gymnastics team is honestly like my family. We do everything together from eating, practicing or just hanging out. On Saturday we did the day of service. We started our morning by getting breakfast at Conn. Then we got our t-shirts and went to board the bus.  We went to downtown New Haven and cleaned up the streets. The community of New Haven was very thankful for us helping them out. A few of the residents even started to help us clean up. It was a great day and I loved getting involved.
This week gymnastics practice started. I was nervous but very excited to start practicing again. I am concerned that I will start to get stressed with having to worry about gymnastics and my school work, but so far it has been ok. After practice on Friday, we went to Hamden and climbed Sleeping Giant. It was difficult to make it to the top but with my teammates encouraging everyone, it was a very fun experience. At the top there was a stone observation tower that looked like a castle. The view was amazing and worth the hike. You could see the Long Island Sound and the New Haven area. Although the hike was difficult it was a great experience with my team and coach. It was a good way to bond with everyone. I am looking forward to all of our future adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment