Saturday, September 25, 2010

To Get My Work Done Now or Not To Get My Work Done Now… That is the Question.

Being an athlete I feel I have to manage my time more than a regular student. Not only do I have to get my school work done on time, I have to plan to get it done around my practice times.  It is hard to manage our time because we are now responsible for ourselves in college. No one is here to push us or say your work has to get done, it’s all on us. If you do a sport, it is mandatory to go to study hall at least 5 hours a week. This is very helpful because we are given this time to do our work and get it done and to manage my time with my assignments.
Another issue with getting work done is distractions. I get distracted easily whether it be friends, or T.V. or going out. I try not to procrastinate and to get my work done right away. So far I can say I have made good decisions and have gotten all of my work done on time. I make sure I do my work before anything else. My teammates and I usually study together and encourage each other to get it done. Most college students will pick going out over doing their work, however it is different for me. Because I am an athlete and need to keep a certain g.p.a. I make sure all of my work is done. I usually make a schedule and plan times where I know I will have no distractions. So far I am proud of myself with the way I manage my time and hopefully I will keep doing the same thing throughout the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment