Saturday, October 2, 2010

Friday Night Lights

Friday night was cold, raining and overall just seemed miserable out, however walking over to the football stadium and seeing the field I forgot how bad it was outside. I love going to football games and when I saw our team run out onto the field I forgot about the bad weather and was excited for the game. The Owls were playing against Assumption College which is in Worcester, Massachusetts. The team was undefeated which made the game more exciting. Southern got 2 interceptions and played like they wanted to win. The ending score was 23-17 SCSU! The game was extremely exciting because they beat an undefeated team.
A few of the freshman on the gymnastics team volunteered to walk around asking for donations for Make-A-Wish Foundation.  Although there weren’t as many people there as usual due to the weather, we still received a good amount of money. It was a great bonding experience with the girls on the team. We got to get involved with the people who were at the game. Most of them were very nice and wanted to donate, even though there were some that just said no. At first, I was nervous to walk around asking people to donate because I am shy. I didn’t know what to expect, I didn’t know if people were going to be mean and just say no or if they were going to be nice and donate. After asking a few times, I felt more comfortable and it was actually a fun experience. I would definitely do it again because it was for a great cause and I had fun doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment