Saturday, October 23, 2010

What is Going on in Schools in America?

 
There were three readings this week. “Grade Inflation in American Education”, “Student Expectations Seen as Causing Grade Disputes”, and “Generation Me: Are We In A Narcissism Epidemic”? In these articles it talks about how kids now feel entitled to get an A on an assignment just because they handed it in. Students think that just because they show up to class and do their assignments they should automatically receive an A. I don’t think this is true. Although there may be some students that think this way majority of student know they have to earn the grade by trying hard on the assignment, not just doing it. They also talk about grade inflation. Some schools, mostly I.V. league schools are making grading easier so students can get a higher G.P.A.  I honestly don’t know if this is true or not but if it is, I don’t think it’s fair. I think grading should be the same at every school and no one should get an easy way out by easier grading, especially I.V. league schools. You have to be very smart to get into them so in my opinion they should be the last ones having grading easier. In the article they say they grading is easier so the students who graduate have a higher G.P.A and look better for jobs. Also, this makes the school look good with everyone having high grades. These articles were very interesting. Although I don’t know if these things are really going on, if they are it should stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment